3.03.2013

Edward Gorey Illustration Stitchalong

As soon as I heard about the Illustration Stitchalong co-hosted by Follow the White Bunny and Cherry and Cinnamon I knew it would be a great choice for my first stitchalong. The first choice of illustrator was Edward Gorey, whose illustrations I already knew and loved. It's been great to keep up with everyone's progress so far! I chose an illustration from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, written by T.S. Eliot and illustrated by Gorey. It's from the poem Mr. Mistoffelees (the original conjuring cat) and shows him with seven kittens and a top hat. Here's the original illustration:

Mr. Mistoffelees
So far I've got the outline done and started stitching on the big guy. More updates on my progress to follow!


Gorey stitchalong progress

No comments:

Post a Comment