4.10.2013

From My Home to Yours

I'm working on a piece as part of an ongoing project by my friend Kim Kwee. It's called From My Home To Yours, which takes inspiration from Martha Stewart (read more here). She sent me a kit with assorted supplies, and now I have to complete the project! The box contained an apron, some thin wool yarn in a bunch of colors, a piece of a t-shirt, ribbon, and a drawing of a sandwich.


I'm not totally sure how everything is going to come together yet, but so far I'm appliqueing the letters from the shirt onto the pocket of the apron. Luckily there was some thread that matched the t-shirt color really nicely. I actually made the t-shirt for Kim a long time ago, so that's added another interesting layer to the piece.


A use for the sandwich drawing is still to be determined. I might use it as a pattern and embroider the image on the apron, or stitch the paper directly on to the apron.


It's taken me awhile to get started on it (sorry Kim) but now that I have started, it's a fun and challenging project!

No comments:

Post a Comment