1.15.2014

Bits and Pieces

I recently participated in yet another Phat Quarter swap. It's really fun to get a surprise embroidery piece in the mail! This time the theme was Amuse Bouche, similar to the Tiny Things one from last year where we made something small. I got a super cute little book about Paddington Bear made by Noodle-Bug.

Amuse-Bouche Swap

I made a lightning bolt patch for Lockedinthepark (who was my partner in the opposite direction for the Tiny Things Swap). I didn't get the greatest picture since I was in a mad dash to get it to her at least close to the deadline.

lightning bolt patch

On this one I used some sturdy fabric from an old pair of pants and stitched the outline in a coral color. Then I filled it with little dashes of color, including neon yellow and gold (hard to see in the picture). The finishing touch was a tiny L for Lockedinthepark and Leslie.

Now that I've finished with stitch a longs, holiday cards, and swaps for the time being, I am finally working on some ideas I've had on my mind for a while. I just started a Game of Thrones themed embroidery, which I wrote about wanting to do in this post. I was re-inspired by Cherry and Cinnamon's post on Michele Carragher, who does embroidery on the costumes for the Game of Thrones TV show. Here's a peek:

Lion and wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment