6.07.2014

Macramé

Macramé plant hangers have been catching my eye recently, and after looking up a few tutorials it seemed like they were pretty easy to make. Here are a few of the images that inspired me:


The hardest part was finding the right rope. I looked at three places before finding some nice plain cotton rope at my local hardware store. I used a combination of different tutorials to figure out the process. I liked the idea of incorporating wrapped embroidery thread and was inspired by the colors and textures of a the weaving in the picture above. I incorporated some of my beloved wool Paternayan thread because I thought it would look good against the natural-colored rope.

Here's how the project turned out! 


I really like it, though my measurement of the knots was a little off. I will definitely try another one, because I had a lot of fun making it.

Inspiration sources clockwise from top left: Skinnylaminx // Hello There Home // All Roads Market weaving via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment