7.02.2014

Baby beluga


A good friend of mine is having a baby girl soon, and I wanted to make something for her room. The room has an ocean theme, which made me think of "Baby Beluga", a Raffi song I loved as a kid.

I started out by practicing some lettering and getting my colors right. I looked at a few tutorials online to help get some ideas - this one was particularly helpful.


Here's an in-progress shot, I did the lettering in a mix of blues and greens, and mixed a pale grey for the little whale himself.


And here's the finished illustration, with outlines, background color, and a bit of pinkish-coral highlighting on the letters. All framed ready to be wrapped and mailed!


I love how it came out, and my friend says that she and her husband love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment